Monday 30 September 2013

So recently I started college... To say it's daunting would be a bit of an understatement to say the least, I'm used to the whole "get up at 6:30am" routine but there's something not quiet right about it, before I used only need one bus into town, but now I need to take two buses in, and to get home I need to take another two buses, in total that (along with food, tea and other necessities) it adds up to at least €15!
my timetable is a bit of a letdown, I start every day at 9 (except Mondays) and finish every day at 6 (except Wednesdays I finish at 12). before you start to think "wow....he has a long day" I would like you to stop and let me finish, most days I have a 3 to 4 hour break which goes PRETTY slowly!
My first week didn't go too smoothly, I found it really hard to make friends (the people i did make friends happen to be friends of my ex....it didn't go down too well) so then i was stranded, friendless and alone drinking tea in the library looking at "Giancoli Principles of physics". The second week was better, i got moved into a new group and made 2 wonderful new friends who live near campus so now I'm not alone :D. We sit in each lecture, paying attention to snap chat, facebook, twitter and candy crush accompanied with aimless scribbling on paper. Usually i meet them in the morning, have tea and get the shuttle bus up (nearly always late). our penance is sitting in a room with wooden seats for a bull hour, no leg room and to make things worse, our next 3 lectures are there.
labs are a different story, they are either hot or freezing cold.
The side effect of college is the irresistible urge to go out on a Thursday (student nights with free/discounted entry) these are proceeded by pre-drinking and result in coming home between 2 and 4 and waking up to a 9am lecture...physics

No comments:

Post a Comment